Diseases of inactivity are the main cause of death in the UK and many developed countries (World Health Organisation, 2003).
Do you know how to avoid developing several major chronic diseases?
Stay physically active! But don’t just take my word for it, this is what the Chief Medical Officer told us in 2004 “Physically active adults have a 20-30% reduced risk of premature death and up to 50% reduced risk of developing major chronic diseases such as coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancers.”
Include just 30 minutes of moderate physical activity every day (Department of Health, 2004) and you will gain the health benefits listed below…by doing more than 30 minutes of physical activity at a more vigorous pace will add further to these benefits….
- Your are less likely to die prematurely due to ill health
- Decrease the risk of you suffering cardiovascular disease
- Reduce the impairment and improve the function of your joints and bones
- You are less likely to fall over when you’re older because you will be more co-ordinated, physically confident, more flexible and able to keep more muscle mass.
- You are more able to maintain a health weight range.
- People with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus will increase their sensitivity to insulin, important in the treatment and prevention of diabetes.
- Feel happier and more content, physical activity improves your mind too!
No matter what shape you’re in, you can lose weight, get fitter and improve your overall health. It can be done. The decision to use it or lose it is yours.
Call Hilary Burbidge at Fit Perfect now on 07801 225 660 for a personal training consultation